but they're really tasty! Here is a recipe I made for my little guy's third birthday party (I doubled the recipe). My sister had made this before and cut back on the spices but now we both agree that they are de-lish just as the recipe states. Here is the original recipe online but we cooked it differently so here's our take:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
1 large onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1 pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tsp of Chipotle Chile Powder (Schillings brand makes one)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
¾ C distilled white vinegar
1 bay leaf
1 tsp paprika
1/3 C ketchup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ C light brown sugar
3 lbs pork shoulder
1. Puree all of the sauce ingredients (except the bay leaf) in blender until smooth
2. Put sauce, bay leaf, and pork into a large pot (Le Creuset) and add 1 quart water.
3. Place in oven covered, 300 degrees for 3-5 hours or until the meat pulls easily.
4. Take meat out of sauce and place pot on stovetop on med. to med. high heat and reduce the sauce by two thirds (about 45 min)
5. Add the pork back to the sauce.
6. Serve hot on buns topped with coleslaw.