Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Family Time


I added a few items to my Etsy boutique today. I cranked out a bunch of albums this last weekend and I have a custom order for four more but this one is a bit different. This special order is from a coworker who lost a son a couple years ago. She wants to give her children a photo album made from clothing that her son wore so she gave me some jeans and a few flannel shirts to use. I'm thinking denim albums with pockets from the shirts sewn onto the front and back or something along those lines. What a treasured gift to give. I admire her courage and strength.

Yesterday my kids and I hung out together since it was a day off for us. They played so well together, I wish it was like that all the time. They are five years apart which gives one the advantage of manipulation and one the advantage of naiveness due to age and sometimes it makes me want to pull my hair out. But we actually had a good day together. I took them to Hotel for Dogs and we absolutely loved it. Lots of belly laughs. The Animal Humane Society was just a couple blocks away from the theater and we went there after the show. But we were greeted with a closed sign due to the holiday. Not that we would have made a purchase but we really wanted to see the dogs. I think there might be a waggly tail in our near future (after the spring thaw though). We ended the night with some sledding and Mickey D's (Subway for me ;)


This evening I'm going to watch the recorded Inaugural after I put the kids to bed and continue knitting on a Valentine's project.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Those albums look lovely and the mum must be very honoured that you are going to turn her son's clothing into something so wonderful for her kids too. The movie you saw does look funny on the previews. I wouldnt mind seeing it myself.

Susan B. Anderson said...

Those albums are sooo cute! Good work.