Monday, December 01, 2008

Welcome December

I keep thinking I have lots of time before Christmas is here to knit gifts, decorate the house, etc. but it's already the first of December! This is the only decoration I have up. I love this. My mom picked it up for me at the Buffalo Nickel from this talented sewer.



To get me going here's a Christmas meme from this sweetie over here:

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? Love wrapping gifts

2. Real tree or artificial? Real.

3. When do you put up the tree? whenever I can drag my husband to the lot

4. When do you take down the tree? when it becomes a fire hazard (usually right after Christmas)

5. Do you like Egg Nog? not at all even the name makes me gag
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie Dream House

7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, a couple of them and my kids love setting them up

8. Hardest person to buy for? My mother-in-law

9. Easiest person to buy for? Me... it's not about me though is it...ok, my two kids

10. Mail or email Christmas Cards? I usually mail but this year I'm going to email (budget says so)

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Not a favorite but I find Elf very funny

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? black olives (don't ask)

13. Clear lights or coloured? Clear on Christmas tree; colored on outside trees

14. Favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night

15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? Do both so we can be with each side of the families

16.Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? I can come close

17. Angel or Star on the top of the tree? an Angel that Grandma B made

18. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Both

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? the buy this buy that commercials on TV

20. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? I like both. The main tree is homey with lots of memorable ornaments and the kids' playroom is going to have a themed tree this year -white tree with lots of bright colors

21. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies? To eat? Definitely sugar cookies and I have the best recipe (which is my grandma's) To decorate? Gingerbread house, just picked one up today, a kit that is.

3 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Loved reading about your holiday traditions and such...I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Deanna said...

Hey there! The pillow looks great on your bench! Glad you are enjoying it :o) Love the elmo too! Merry Christmas!

Susan B. Anderson said...

Hi there, just checking in. Loooove that Santa pillow. Your elmo and snowman hats are fantastic.

Hope you are doing well. Guess what? I love the black olives, too. That's about the only time all year that I eat them: )

Have a good holiday season.
susan