Wednesday, July 02, 2008

What's cookin?

A knitted FO ready to serve up something good to eat. This is the oven mitt by Noni Designs. This will be a great gift giving item. I made the medium size and though you can't tell by the picture it really fits a child's hand. But then I did forget about it when it was in the washer doing its felting magic, oops. I will try again but instead I'll create the large size and see what I get.


Speaking of something good to eat here is a very refreshing, cold treat to have on a hot summer day. I made this the other day using the fresh picked strawberries I had leftover from making jam. The recipe is from a friends' family cookbook. (Hi Laura :)

7Up Strawberry Frozen Fruitcups

6 oz. can orange juice concentrate
6 oz. can lemonade concentrate
3 bananas, diced
2 C strawberries, sliced
1 C sugar
13 1/2 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
16 oz. 7Up

Combine and pour into fruit cups or small paper cups. Freeze.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those oven mitts are too cute!!!

Knitterella said...

Oh the mitts are so cute! I haven't seen that pattern yet - love it. Love the bright colors!

Thanks for the recipe - looks and sounds yummy

Susan B. Anderson said...

Love the mitts!
Thanks for the recommendations. I am writing them down and will seek them out. You are sweet and I appreciate it:)
susan

Anonymous said...

You are welcome!
Laura :)